Key Ingredients of Dr. Plateroti’s POTENT-CE:
Vitamin C Complex (Asorbic Acid)
- High-potency pure vitamin C, helps neutralize free radicals and protect skin against oxidative stress while addressing the visible signs of aging: dullness, discoloration, lines, wrinkles and loss of volume.
- L-asorbic acid analog that works synergistically with vitamin C to promote collagen-rich skin appearance.
- CAMELLIA SINESIS (GREEN TEA) POLYPHENOLS: The most potent antioxidant known, quenching more reactive oxygen species (ROS) than any other antioxidant, is clinically proven to provide calming, nourishing and protective skin benefits.
- ERGOTHIONEINE: Recharge-antioxidant and naturally occurring amino acid that works as a receptor/transporter in the anti-oxidative defense system of the skin, helping to protect cells against oxidation.
- APIGENIN: Adaptive antioxidant complements the green tea polyphenols by broadening their ability to quench reactive oxygen species (ROS).
- VITAMIN E: Ultra calming antioxidant nourishes, soothes and protects skin from damaging free radicals
What Makes Our Vitamin C Different from the rest?
- Plateroti’s Potent-CE includes a novel delivery system putting this product at the forefront of skincare technology
- Able to deliver both lipophilic vitamin C as well as hydrophilic vitamin C (oil & water soluble)
- Rich in antioxidants including Green Tea Polyphenols (A recent article in Chemical Research in Toxicology named Green Tea Polyphenols the most potent antioxidant)
- Does not include the ingredient Propylene Glycol that is seen in many vitamin C serums on the market. Propylene Glycol was named the contact allergen of the year in 2018. Overtime, products with Propylene Glycol can accumulate in the skin and the ingredient has been shown to disrupt and damage our microbiome.
- Plateroti’s POTENT-CE is a long-lasting formulation of over 2 years. The longevity of the product is due to its stabilization by a biopolymer. Most Vitamin C products on the market do not have any antioxidant activity because the vitamin C they put in the formula has oxidized. Dr. Plateroti’s formula stays stabilized and prevents oxidation
Why is Dr. Plateroti’s POTENT-CE so important for our skincare routine?
- POTENT-CE prevents FREE RADICAL DAMAGE
- Provides wrinkle improvement and skin soothing barrier repair
- Increases hydration levels
- Help brighten hyperpigmentation and even skin tone
- Improve skin radiance
- Minimize skin redness
- Quickly boosts levels of Vitamin C in the skin
- Supports healthy collagen production
- Improves the look of lines and loss of volume
- Supports microbiome, leaving natural skin flora intact
- Long lasting formula stability and efficacy (2 + years in bottle)
- Blue (HEV) light protection
What are free radicals aka Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS)?
- A type of unstable molecule that contains oxygen and that easily reacts with other molecules in a cell. A build-up of ROS in cells may cause damage to DNA, RNA, and proteins, and may cause cell death
How free radicals form?
- Environmental factors and natural skin metabolism produce free radicals
- UV light, smoke, smog, alcohol, drugs, stress, diet, chemicals, exercise, aging
- Free radicals are molecules that contain at least one unpaired electron – Single Oxygen
- When an electron is unpaired, it looks for another molecule with which to bond, causing a chemical reaction
- If a radical reacts with a non-radical, another free radical is formed…
Why are free radicals so bad for our skin?
- When free radicals react in skin, they break down proteins including our collagen, elastin, keratin, and hyaluronic acid
- Free radicals can act on our DNA leading to skin cancer formation
- Free radicals can break down LIPIDS (ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acids) causing skin barrier dysfunction
- A recent study in JID attributed a 20% increase in pigmentary changes due to air pollution alone (meaning we need more of Dr. Plateroti’s POTENT-CE to protect our skin)